Miguel Durán was born in Azuaga (Badajoz) and after being the best in passing the corresponding public examination he became Specialist in Printing and Braille Libraries in ONCE (National Organization of Spanish blind people) in Barcelona. Later, he was named Director in that center in December 1983. In 1980 he promoted, together with other legal professionals. His first law firm specialized in labour, tax and marriage issues, was in operation until 1984.
He became General Director of ONCE, a position of highest executive responsibility in which he remained from 1986 to 1993.
In addition, in his extensive and extensive professional career, he held other executive and representative positions, including:
• President of Publications of Barcelona (Diario de Barcelona), from 1990 to 1993.
• President of the ONCE COMPANIES GROUP, from 1988 to 1993.
• President of DIVERCISA (head of the media division of the ONCE group of companies) from its foundation in 1988 to 1993.
• President of GESTEVISION TELECINCO, from its foundation in 1988 to June 1996.
• President of UNIPREX ONDA ZERO, from its foundation until 1993.
• Vice-President of the ONCE FOUNDATION, from its establishment in 1988 to 1990.
• President of the Hipódromo de la Zarzuela (race course on the outskirts of Madrid) during 1995.
• He has been President and Director of other companies of the ONCE Group and out of this institution such as: VINSA, PILSA, Viajes 2.000, SURBA, ALTAIR, INDONES, PROMI and others.
• Commissioner for International Relations of the ONCE General Council from 1993 to 1995.
• From 1995 to 2005 he advised companies in the private gaming sector, such as Franco Recreation Group and CIRSA Group, holding various positions in other institutions and companies in the gambling sector.
From 1996, he has been founding partner of the law firm DURÁN Y DURÁN ABOGADOS